Saturday, December 16, 2017

If those walls could speak.

----------
Robert Batton

Fascinating (to me at least) old house located in the middle of nowhere on the way to my brother's place near Scott and Crowley, Louisiana. Who lived there and when? Were there children who played in the yard and where did they go to school? What did their parents do for a living? Perhaps there were no children. Was there ever any paint on this building, ever? Why was it abandoned? What year was it built? There is a very good chance that my questions will not be answered in this lifetime.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1265703283530792&set=a.113271472107318.12713.100002733962925&type=3&theater

--------
Thomas Williams

If the walls could speak what would they tell us about the people who once lived there? That went on to live a life somewhere else until it was also their turn to die.

Resting in a graveyard somewhere else.

That is why when I passed by a graveyard need me I am reminded of a poem I told myself years ago.

Looking upon marble and stone passing by names unknowns Who were they congested this way becoming apart of the earth and clay.

Silence darkness without sight, listening to their voice in the faint light. "To hear a sound to make a noise no more laughter and no more joys."

A frighting thing this rest to me laying in the grown endlessly.

I love this life in the sight of the sky, and the touch of the breeze.

Some with flowers and some with weeds, side by side for all to heed.

--------

No comments:

Post a Comment