Thursday, December 31, 2015

A prayer for sinful people, to all that is true and holy.

Thomas Williams

Oh my God what was done seems to have been done forever, and I cannot understand how I will ever become free of it. I hurt the people who loved me the most just because I could, and in fact treated them cruelly. And that memory is looking back at me now with my own critical eye asking, "what was wrong with you doing that?"

So how can I ever be forgiven of my own sins, which I do not forgive myself at all?

I should have realized my own limitation long before now and perhaps read Ecclesiastes 1:15.“That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered."

That old saying about what is crooked cannot be straighten, and what is straight cannot be made crooked, keeps telling me that Mother Nature always wins.

So now I have learned after all those years that I was trying to be crooked when I loved Justice, and I treated other people bad when I was really good myself. Making my own sin that mush more grievous to me, and more painful to bear alone.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I hurt the very people who loved me and I am truly unworthy to be liked by anyone else, much less God.

And yet I still love this life with all of my heart. Can you help me Lord to somehow become free of that sinful guilt. And convince me that my love ones who I hurt here on Earth are now still alive in Heaven. Free from all of this world unworthy people betraying each other, over and over again.

Because I was always pulling for them to win too. And I must have been out of my mind in the sinful way I treated them back then. So how now can I ask God forgiveness, so I can go be with them again forever?

I am so unworthy of true love that I once had, only to harm, that I can’t even imagine having it again now. So what is then to become of me dear God, Father Almighty?

Please help me to find the right path back to them, and you again.
---------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEplqV0scyo
---------
“The LORD is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray. He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way. The LORD leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands” (Psalm 25:8-10, NLT).
8 Good and upright is the Lord;
    therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
9 He guides the humble in what is right
    and teaches them his way.
10 All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful
---------

No comments:

Post a Comment