Friday, January 25, 2019

Led Pencil is still free.


I was fishing by my favorite little stream close to our neighborhood in lower 9th Ward New Orleans, in a place called Littlewoods.
  • Thomas Williams - My friend Jessie was with me when we skip school that day to go fishing. I was using cheese for bait, Jesse was using hot dogs - but he wasn't catching anything. 

    I caught three nice-sized Catfish when all of a sudden my pole bent like a whale hit it and I could felt how very strong this fish was that started dragging me off, so Jesse had to grab me pulling me back so I wouldn't fall in the river. 

    Jessie started screaming "Tommy! I think you might catch "Led Pencil!!!" 

    LED Pencil was a big catfish about as long as your bed that no one could catch four years around that part of little woods in New Orleans. 

    That fish was dragging me inside the River Bank into the water and Jesse would pull me back to shore. That went on for a good ten minutes as my arms were stinging with pain trying to hold onto the pole. Then my pole broke with the string still attached as that fish was struggling very fiercely. 

    Then the line broke also and Led Pencil went free once again. 

    I told Jesse I was glad that fish broke away cuz I really didn't want to catch Led Pencil who invaded everyone for all those years. So I think about that story from time to time about a fish I tried to catch but really didn't want to after all.
  • ----------
  • Led Pencil

-------


  • I was fishing by my favorite little streaThomas Williams - My friend Jessie was with me when we skip school that day to go fishing. I was using cheese for bait, Jesse was using hot dogs - but he wasn't catching anything

No comments:

Post a Comment