Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Management means a lot.


Management means a lot.

I heard a college football coach say. "That he was waiting to see what player is going to run onto the field and take over the team, because so far I don't see it, and I can't do that for them."

That coach was trying to motivate his college football players to go do the job right. By forcefully blocking and tackling, pitching and catching, kicking, up and down the football field to the best of their ability. To use their training and high spirit, passion, to channel what they know from their natural instinct, study, and experience, in the determination to be intelligent enough not get distracted by words, or fatigue, from the victory that they are working so very hard to achieve, no matter their personal limitation in this, or that, so help them God.

https://vimeo.com/110868469
---------
Gumbo88

Very nice article.  I did not know that Ronnie Estay is a cousin of Coach Orgeron's.  I watched Estay play for the Tigers when I was an undergrad at LSU -- what a motor Estay had!

Boudreaux Jones

Great story. I love learning more about this guy. He sounds like a force of nature, and like his players are already benefiting from it.

-------------
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/08/post_127.html

LSU's Ed Orgeron coaches with a Louisiana state of mind: Ron Higgins



By Ron Higgins, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
 
on August 18, 2015 at 10:12 PM, updated August 18, 2015 at 10:40 PM
On the occasions when things have gone awry during LSU first-year defensive line coach Ed Orgeron's larger-than-life career, the Larose native always came home to South Louisiana to re-group.

Like when his LSU playing days lasted the first two weeks of the 1979 preseason camp before he decided he didn't want to be a 6-2, 245-pound center. He wanted to play defense, the Tigers' coaches felt otherwise, so he left.

"I made it all the way to media day," Orgeron said Sunday appropriately reminiscing on the Tigers' media day. "They gave me jersey No. 54. That was the only day in my life I wore No. 54. I didn't even remember that until last month on my birthday when I blew out 54 candles."

He came home from quitting LSU to work at the Lafourche Phone Company before soon reuniting with high school teammate Bobby Hebert at Northwestern State.

After Orgeron's junior season when his play and his grades were on a downward slope, he spent the summer at home working on a shrimp boat.

"I didn't miss a class the next semester after shoveling shrimp," Orgeron said.

Read more...http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/08/post_127.html
------------

No comments:

Post a Comment